Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

My Journey Towards Conceiving

Hi,

So this is my first post on the blog. The main reason behind me starting this blog was, I needed a place where I could talk about all those things that I'm experiencing during this journey, my emotions & my struggles & basically a place to pour my heart out & thought this blog would help somebody else like me who is going through the same phase.

OK, before I tell you all about what's happening in my life let me tell all in brief about me.

I'm  Rubee, a 28 years old well educated  housewife with a great husband, living in a joint family & trying to conceive since a year.

The journey towards getting pregnant started since December 2011, though I started noticing that I had irregular periods since the time I reached puberty, & regular visits to the gynecologist resulted in only temporary solution. I mean once I stopped the medicines within few months the same thing(irregular periods) would be repeated. Life went on, & then I got married an year back & tried to conceive naturally.Every month I would get disappointed looking at the HPT kit, was desperate to see two purple line but I could only see a single one. So after 6 months from the time I got married, I decided to see a Gynecologist, took few people's suggestions & visited a local doctor. Below is the course of treatment I took after visiting her.

  December 3rd 2011: 1. T.Modus 10 mg for 5 days to get my periods.
                  Tests: Doctor wanted me to get T3,T4, S.Tsh(Thyroid tests) & USG Pelvic & abdomen
                           Scan.
                  Results: T3,T4, S.Tsh were normal, however we found I had PCOS. I didn't get my
                  periods after having T.Modus, so was advised T.Novelon for 21 days.

 January 2011: Got my periods on 19th January & when I visited the Doctor I was advised
                                        1. T.Modus(10mg) twice daily for 10 days
                                        2. Once I get my periods( I got them on 16th Febuary) I was told on
                                            Day3(Day 1 is the day periods start) to Day 7 I should have Fertyl
                                            50mg once a day.
                                        3. Day 10th to Day 15 were the days to have intercourse.
                                        4. From Day 16th T.Duphaston twice a day for 10 days & Folic acid                
                                            tablets one everyday
                                            While I was eagerly waiting to do the UPT(Urine Pregnancy Test) at
                                             home, got my periods on 16th March 2011.

March: When I went to the Doctor in March, I was told not to have anything for this month & she
             wanted to wait & see.

April: Didn't get periods!
          Was told to have T.Modus(10mg) twice for 5 days & Himalaya EveCare syrup. Still didn't
           get periods until  April 30th.
  May: Was again advised to have T.Novelon once daily for 21 days.
          She wanted to me to get S.Fsh( Follicle Stimulating Hormone) & S.Lh(Luteinizing Hormone)
          asked to come back in 10 days.
          After 10 days, when I went with the reports which had normal results, she asked me get
          Husband's Semen Analysis done. The reports came out all normal. In the meantime periods
          started on 29th May 2012 & again had spotting on 7th June 2012.

For some reason I felt I was not on the right track for the treatment, after a few talks with friends who had already conceived & my aunt, they made me realize that the Doctor never asked me to get a follicular study done through these 6months. After a lot of thinking I finally decided I had to go to a corporate hospital for the treatment since it would be done in more organised way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment