Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Am I pregnant? One more day wait!

Hey Friends,

So, I wen to the hospital on 17th September & the doctor did the scan & said the egg size was growing & now it was at a size of 13mm, she asked me take another Injection GMH150IU & come back on 20th September. So here are the updates.

17th Sep:  Was told the size has reached 13mm & another Injection GMH150IU was told to be taken the same day. The Doctor asked me to have intercourse every alternate day from now on. Was told to come back on 18thSep.

18th Sep: After the doctor said the size was pretty good, it reached 15mm. I heaved a sigh of relief, was happy that my body was responding to the treatment. Was told to come back on 20th Sep for another scan.

20th Sep: In the meantime I was down with fever,still went to hospital to get the scan. The doctor said the size had reached to 18mm & it was time to trigger the release, she asked me to take the HCG 5000 IM trigger shot to make the egg release. When I told her about the fever she advised me to only have Calpol. Was told to come on 22nd Sep.

22nd Sep: The scan showed everything was fine!

24th Sep: The doctor scanned & said the egg was released & I should continue to have intercourse to make sure the sperm meets the egg at the right time. She asked to use Gestofit 200mg(Progesterone Capsules) vaginally. Was asked to do an HPT on 6th OCT & come back.

Those days when I was ovulating & had fever too, I didn't have the energy to have intercourse but still decided to go ahead because I didn't want to lose out on the chance & wait for another month. The 2week wait period seemed too long for me, I had so many thoughts running in mind. There were times when I had lower back ache(like the one that I get during periods) & feel disappointed that my period was approaching & the fertilization didn't happen. I used to cry in front of my husband because I didn't notice any pregnancy symptoms, I wasn't sure if I was expecting the symptoms too early! Each day was difficult, everyday I used search the internet for pregnancy related questions & was dejected because I couldn't notice any signs.

Finally on 3rd October, I decided I was gonna do HPT the next morning on OCT 4th when my periods were due. I did the test early in the periods & it was negative! I was worried & couldn't hold my tears, I started questioning myself the reason for God rejecting my request to become a mother. I thought where did I go wrong, was punishing me for some reason? After so much thinking, told husband that I wanted to get the Serum for Beta HCG test done(it is a blood test for checking if you are pregnant). We went to diagnostic centre & paid Rs.750 INR for it & got it done & was waiting to get the report by evening. Me being a very uneasy & restless person checked the online report & found that the HCG level was 27.68, which is level that a pregnant woman can have. I was so elated & showed it to husband, but still I knew it wasn't a confirmation that I was indeed pregnant. The reason being I read over the Internet , the HCG trigger shot that I took could remain in my system for 2 weeks & give a false result.

But I still haven't lost any hope, I'm going tomorrow to the hospital, will be doing an HPT again tomorrow morning & hope it comes out positive. Will update tomorrow! I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment